The Netherland Inn Lo Country Boil
After a very successful 2018 fun event, Netherland Inn is once again sponsoring our largest fundraiser, The Netherland Inn Lo Country Boil. On August 10, 2019, we will be enjoying everyone’s favorite Frogmore Stew, singing and dancing at the exciting venue, the Kingsport Farmer’s Market. Great food and a chance to further historic restoration at King’s Port on the Holston River!
We need your help to protect our local treasure!
The Netherland Inn Complex is the “Centerpiece” of the City’s 20-year “Riverwalk” / Kingsport on the Holston re-development project. It is essential the financial support for its continued existence be insured.
In the early years of the Netherland Inn Association, federal grants were available and much of the restoration was financed by these grants. Present day, the Inn is maintained and expanded completely with Association dues, memorial donations, gift shop sales and fund raising events. Maintenance costs for the complex are major, and reconstruction of historic additions (such as the bank barn and flatboat) has magnified the operating and maintenance expenses.
We have used 100% of the funding from past events for:
– continuous repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds
– replacement of the heating and cooling system in the Inn
– Parts 1 & 2 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: completion and furnishing of the Museum of Pioneer Transportation and replica flatboat
– Exterior repair and re-painting the Inn
Funds from this and future events will go toward:
– Parts 3 & 4 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: construction of a reproduction of King’s Wharf and the salt warehouse
– We are very excited to announce a new project! Funds are needed for the moving, reassembling, roofing, and wiring of a pre-Civil War cabin to be used as an interactive children’s pioneer museum
All proceeds from the 2019 Lo Country Boil will be used to augment and maintain the Inn.
Thank you for your support of this unique historic site!
Bobbie Phillips, Lo Country Boil – Event Co-chair
Jennifer Light, Netherland Inn – Steering Committee
The entertainment this year is the Dugger Band, rising Nashville stars. Originally from Greeneville, TN,
the Dugger Band has a large following across the area.
Tickets are $50 per person.
Tickets ordered online will be available to be picked up the night of the event at the Will-Call desk.
The Will-Call desk will be located at the entrance gate.
Payment will be submitted through Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, please choose the “Pay with a debit or credit card, or Bill Me Later” option and you can pay with any credit card.
Remember to reserve your alternative meal during the final purchase review by clicking the “Name for alternative meal: Add” option and list the names of all attendees requesting an alternative meal. Alternative meals will be a delicious salad, chicken, baked potato and bread.